Thursday, November 3, 2011

Project Sketchbook

I have been searching for some creative outlets for quite sometime. After a couple of freelance project being delayed, I decided to sign up for project sketchbook. It arrived yesterday and i was quite estatic yet anxious to start. I have an idea on doing more conceptual characters. I think maybe more stylized infusing fashion, anime, realism, patterns, sci-fi and etc... who knows it might be turn to cute again. Actually this is a fusion inspired from interning at goody and surface designing at C.R. Gibson. In a way it's a growth progression on my life and confidence in myself. I felt i need to push myself to do more realistic characters. I think i'm going back to my first inspiration watching anime and being inspired from my brother's drawing. I chose the heroes and villain theme maybe to have some fun and see where this is going. Before i start sketching I needed to get some practice with anatomy:
As with all sketchbook it's always intimidating when you start on your first page. Well.... i took a pattern i had been developing from my other side project. I trace it and cut it through to make a peep hole. We'll see where this goes!

No comments: